When you recieve so many cake orders that are only weeks apart, you will need a trusted and high quality product that can assist with getting a greater amount of decorations done, within a small amount of time.
I found that the KitchenAid KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer, does exactly that; it enhances productivity in my Cake Artistry.
This is my personal and honest review on the KitchenAid KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer.
It is my intention to provide a fair perspective on this product so that you can make an informed decision for what to use in your own cake artistry – whether it is for a home business or just for your personal use.
Reasons For Using a Quality Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer in My Cake Artistry
If you do not have one, then maybe my reasons for using one may help you to decide:
- It Saves time – you can produce much larger quantities (and doesn’t give you aching arms from using a hand held mixer)
- Cost effective – you can make bulk amounts of icing for up to three cake orders at one time
- You are in control of what you produce – this helps you to create the most delicious icings, which store bought do not supply (if they do, costs can be very high)
- Ease of use – switch it on, lift bowl up and down, preventing splatter and messy clean-ups
- Easy to maintain and clean – wipes easily after each use
- Attractive design – looks great, and comes in a variety of colors to suit your kitchen set up
Product Specifications for the KitchenAid KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer Sugar Pearl Silver
Product Name: KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer
Color: Sugar pearl silver
Brand Name: Kitchen Aid
Price: Is in USD >>click here for actual price<<
Actual Worth in Kitchen Aid website: $779.99 USD (on Kitchen Aid website) Amazon sells the same product for almost half of this price.
Cheapest place to buy: Amazon
Shipping: International and local
- 16-Cup Flour Power Capacity
- Includes PowerkneadTM Spiral Dough Hook, Flat Beater, and Stainless Steel Wire Whip
- Largest Capacity Residential Bowl-Lift Stand Mixer Available
- Professional bowl-lift design
- Horse power is 1.3
RETURN POLICY: You can return your order within 30 days from the purchase date.
My Ratings: 9.5/10
Amazon’s Customer Star Ratings
Unique Features I like
- The arm lift, is the main winner for me. My old mixer always, left me with a great mess to clean up at the end of my decorating. I would get icing everywhere just trying to twist the mixer attachments off. Now I can just lift up the whole mixer head with the handle and easily remove the bowl without any mess, from the beater/whisk/paddle attachments.
- A long-lasting product and quality of design is very attractive.
- The larger capacity bowl, makes it easier to create bulk icing.
- Less heat build up and horse power is amazing (you won’t get that burning smell and the fear that it may burst into flames)
My tips for maintenance
- Never soak mixer pads/whisk/beaters or any parts in dish liquid or chemicals. This can affect the quality and longevity of your mixer.
- Prevent rusting and dust by wiping the stand and bowl with a little olive oil on a paper towel.
- Make sure that fat ingredients to be used are at room temperature to reduce clogging and improve outcome.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe outer parts.
- Do not submerge the actual stand mixer in water, this is a safety risk, as it has electrical outlets.
How I use my Kitchen Aid stand mixer
My stand mixer is used for more than just for creating cakes. I use it for other food creations:
- Various cake and muffin baking recipes
- Royal icing in bulk
- Making home made fondant in bulk
- Any Buttercream in bulk (this is my main use, since I need a lot to cover crumb and cover each cake)
- Making edible lace mixtures
- Home made ice cream – hey, its not only cake decorating I do
- Whipped cream in bulk
- Cream Cheese frostings
- Bread and Pizza dough – yeah, I bake these also up to 8lbs worth from one mix
- Baked Cheesecakes
- Rather than sift my dry ingredients I just use my mixer
- Chocolate frostings (using real chocolate)
- Choux Pastry
- Cookie and Slice batters (up to 14 dozen cookies)
My Personal Review
Having a stand mixer kitchen aide helps my productivity, not only with mixing cake recipes but with the different variety of icings I use in my cake artistry.
In the past, before I could afford one, I would mix my recipes with an old-fashioned egg beater (you know the one, where you would spin the beaters using one hand) or a small electric beater; this cost me an hour of production time (not to mention sore legs) or just mix with my hands (I still do this, sometimes, when I cannot be bothered -yes I am human).
The only issue I would have with myKSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer is the storage.
Since I have a very small kitchen area, I store it in one of my lower cupboards because it is quite large. When I need it, I constantly bend to get it out and it is quite heavy to move around.
This is probably the only issue. However, I guess that if I did have a much larger kitchen area, it would be more ideal to have it displayed as a main kitchen feature, only because it has such a gorgeous design (a culinary masterpiece).
Having a quality stand mixer is one product that every serious cake artist/decorator should include in their kitchen. I know it can be expensive, but if you can afford just one expensive product for your cake artistry, then a KitchenAid KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer is the one you should try to get.
It will become your savior, when you are creating several cakes at once and do not have the time to keep mixing different batters or icings.
Remember that it is not only cake artistry, that a KitchenAid KSM7586PSR 7-Quart Pro Line Stand Mixer is useful for. It can be used when creating many other foods.
If you wish to add your experience with using a Kitchen stand mixer, please feel free to add a comment below. Thanks.
See you again soon,