Have you heard of Emma Jayne? No? Well let me tell you that if there is ever a guru in Cake Artistry – she is the one to follow for inspiration. I view her art form as perfectly proportioned and outside the box.
Why do I mention her?, because the first time I ever heard of her work was through the Cakerschool website. Emma’s cakes go beyond what we deem as just cake into the realm of perfection in mastering art. Her masterpieces include the Swan Lake Cake: Life sized Ballerina and the Avatar Cake, as part of the Cake International Contests.
Cakerschool helps their students to achieve what Emma has done, in their own baking and in less the time, that it takes to get a baking degree.
Today I will present you with a product review on Cakerschool.
Online Course vs Degree
Although, I have taught myself since I was about 11 years old (the first time, I was allowed to use our oven), I still found that I desired a certain ‘polish’ (an aside: this could also possibly be, because I am quite dyslexic and perfectionism is one of my weaknesses – which may have nothing to do with cake decorating in itself).
I never wanted to attend an actual technical course: that I had travel to; spend hours away from home or my kids; and not to mention, would cost me an arm or a leg to attend. In New Zealand, the course fees for special baking degree range from $2000 – $5000 NZD per semester, and can take more than a year to complete. I couldn’t afford this, let alone, pay to have my kids cared for, while doing a degree.
On top of all this, I didn’t want to learn everything else that did not involve cake decorating, for example the chemistry of foods etc. I wanted a block course that gave me the skills I needed, to start earning. Hence, I chose an online course that taught me the specifics, with every information that I needed to establish my own home baking business.
It took me less than a few months to complete and the lessons were easy and practical. Also, I didn’t need to give my arm or leg to pay for expensive course fees.
Therefore, if you are seriously looking at building a baking/cake artistry portfolio for your home business, I encourage you to do an online baking course that will teach you everything that you would need to know about cake artistry, and learn as you create, how to set up and run a home baking business straight away.
Name: Cakerschool – Learn Cake Decorating
Main Website: https://cakerschool.com/cake-business/
Owners: Happy Caking Ltd, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London
Description: Small short courses to help with starting a small cake decorating business from home.
- Beginners Cake Decorating Lessons/Tutorials
- Cake Decorating Classes
- Cake Business Courses
A range of professional and experienced authorities who specialise in cake decorating.
Start your Cake Business Course – $197 USD
- 12 Modules in your Workbook
- Workbook Questions
- Business and Marketing Forms Pack
- Vendor Guide
- Photograph Your Cake Course
- Deep Dive Facebook Course
8 Video Modules
- Video 1: The Successful Business Owner
- Video 2: Guiding Questions
- Video 3: Business Basics – Research and Regulations
- Video 4: Business Basics – Insurance, Legal and Accounting
- Video 5: Marketing and Targeting
- Video 6: Social Media
- Video 7: Pricing and Client Management
- Video 8: Creating a business and a life that you LOVE!
Other Products Sold:
- Cake Decorating Supplies
- Shopping Spree & Indulgence – Gift ideas
- Guides & Recipe Books
- Cakers Magazine/Newsletter – with updated news and cake creations of cakers
- Tutorials – Cake decorating single tutorials paid individually (if you do not want to do full course)
Membership/Subscription Fees (a choice of two):
- 300+ hours of amazing video content designed to teach you everything
- Over 50 downloadable resources
- A FREE E-book with every tutorial
- Practical video classes with cake-stars like Verusca Walker, Handi Mulyana, Margie Carter, Molly Robbins, Rose Macefield, Sylvia Elba and many more…
- Mentorship from top cake decorators
- Various techniques from basic fondant and gumpaste to professional isomalt, wafer paper and tempered chocolate
- Online forum for comments and help
- Community of like-minded cakers
- 300 hours of HD quality cake decorating tutorial videos
- 50 PDF pictorial e books
- recipes, pro tips, tricks and hacks
- multi-award-winning teachers
- closed online community
- online help with your questions, problems
My Personal Rating: 9.5/10
- Tutors are experienced and are authorities in their own specialised decorating skills.
- Fun page – features different caker designs and special news blogs
- Easily followed in social media
- Easy website navigation
The positive reviews of this online cake decorating school is vast and to give you an idea, their social media followers speak for itself:
FaceBook Page = over 6K Following
Pinterest = over 8K Following
Product – Disadvantages
The fact that the school is based in the London, shop products such as cake decorating tools cost more for freight and can take longer for parcels to arrive in destinations outside London.
Product – Advantages
- Courses are concise and accessible online, which can be studied anywhere
- Videos and E-books are excellent with colorful, clear imagery
- The information on newsletters and blogs are really helpful and interesting
- Great support for queries
- Exceptional Tutors who have both experience and knowledge
- The total course cost for starting a cake business is very affordable
- Subscriptions are very cheap, considering the ongoing video tutorials and information
My Personal Rating
I have rated 9.5/10 for Cakerschool, because of their affordable training and course materials. They are generous in how they share information and always have interesting news articles, that inspire cake decorators to perfection, in their art.
They have a trusted presence in the internet world and especially within their market.
As I have already stated, if you are seriously considering running your own cake decorating business, Cakerschool, will give you the basics on what is required and will help you to perfect your cake artistry skills, using the most effective tutorials and tutors.
If you already have a business – subscribing to their monthly or yearly membership will advance your own authority within your social networks.
If you would like help with anything or have anything to add in this post, please leave a comment, which I will be happy to respond to.
May you have an awesome day,